Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Debatable Knitting

So, I didn't plan on blogging right now...I'm too busy with school work to blog. However, the system is currently down, and I can't read what my writing assignment is, and I'm sitting here at the circulation desk in the library with nothing to do except cover for my inept colleague...

But on that note, I have been knitting this scarf. At Webs (the most amazing LYS a knitter could dream of), I found this lovely fingering weight yarn dyed by the Kangaroo Dyer as if it were specifically for my mother--the woman has an unnatural obsession with lime green and hot pink. So, I bought the yarn, knowing that she would of course appreciate another pair of cozy socks for Christmas. Well, this was before she came up to college and simply gushed over my Lace Ribbon scarf (which I admittedly have also gushed over), and said that she would like a scarf just like it. Out the window goes Heather's plan, as she examines how unpleasantly pooly the yarn intended for socks is getting with each scarf pattern she attempts. I, of course, refused to do the Lace Ribbon scarf again, for fear of death by monotony, even though that pattern would undoubtedly be perfect. 


Oh, and I knit it while watching the debate.
It was really the only way to occupy me while John McCain spoke. I also yelled at the TV as if I were my father (or Kristen's mother) watching a football game. Yay, politics? I had a point to this when I originally took these photographs...but anyway, I suppose it provides even more irony to the scarf--it's dainty pink and green was formed into delicate swirls while I watched the zigzagging, course lies of red versus blue on my TV screen. 

Oh, and vote Obama. Please. Do us all a favor.

1 comment:

Knit Happens said...

Heather, I love you with all my heart. Though, that lime green font is a pain in the butt to read just so you are aware. The scarf is absolutely delicious. It reminds me of melted jolly ranchers. That nod to my mother's football habits made me giggle really hard.