Thursday, September 4, 2008

Attention Deficiency

So, I'm in this awesome course this semester, and Intro. to Neuropsychology, which breaks down the brain and the mind and their inner workings, both tangible and elusive. Fun stuff (for me, anyway). Unfortunately, my professor, Jay, while an awesome guy, has an extraordinary sense of the brain's capabilities. He feels that attention is his class should not be divided, because he knows how much attentions lack the minute they are divided beyond the normal fields of left and right spheres of vision. Thus, I am not allowed to knit in his class. Sadness.

However, while I may not be able to carry my knitting around to my T/Th classes, my M/W humanities professors, Christoph and Michele are both very open to knitting while discussing the philosophical implications of "alienation", or the supposed "Great American Novel"...did I mention that I have really, really cool classes this semester? My only downside to all this in-class knitting is the novel a week and then some that I'll have to cram in, thus leaving much less time to knit! Ah, well...at least I'm almost done with Nate's socks.

No comments: