Saturday, July 26, 2008

Only Took a Little Water Weight



Finished the tam made out of that gorgeous alpaca I gushed over. Sadly, unlike the picture on the pattern, the tam had a weird little "point" at the back where it should have lain flat. I was rather disappointed, but it occurred to me that I might be able to block it out. With some coaxing, possibly a well placed prayer, I wet the middle, pushed it flat to the towel, and then I put a ten pound circular weight on top of it. Hoping that would be enough, I left it until earlier tonight. To my delight, the tam's rather elfin point had been thoroughly quashed and it now sits oh so nicely on my head. I am glad considering my sister wants one just like it in a delicious Peruvian Highland wool and I certainly would not want to disappoint her with a hat resembling something worn by one of Santa's "little helpers." A lovely piece that I am proud to say I knitted. 

No comments: