Monday, June 8, 2009

Summers are for Fiber

As you wish my worthy coblogger! This summer is so full of knitting that I doubt much of it will actually be complete by the end of it, but still I will pursue the following with wild abandon and no thought of completion nonsense:

* My soft serve sweater. The pattern is Jaden from knitty.com. There will definitely be a post about this one soon because the yarn and color choice simply insist on a written documentation.

* My green seed sweater? (it has short sleeves but I can't really call it a t-shirt because of its heaviness) This little beauty hails from KnitScene Winter 2008/Spring 2009 issue. The pattern itself is called Carnation Tee and this will also have a post dedicated to it because of its excessive use of the seed stitch.

*My Ocean Spray top. Pattern is Sea Tangles from knitty.com and is being knit in the most beautiful laceweight I have ever owned i.e. thepaintedsheep's Jasmine in the colorway By the Sea. Both the yarn and the pattern look absolutely ravishing and I am hoping it works out the way I would like.

*My Grateful Dyed Socks. The pattern is Vilai by Cookie A. found in her book Sock Innovation. I love the yarn, but the pattern requires concentration so I am kind of avoiding it right now (hangs her head in a guilty fashion.)

* Leafy Top. The pattern is the Leaf Kimono Top in Interweave Summer 2008. I think this project will never get finished, but I will continue to work on it until the lack of space in my coffin prevents me.

*Meg's Cardigan. A lovely little pattern created by a raveler named Glenna C. and the pattern is called Basic Black. I promised my sister this sweater, but I will fully admit I am avoiding it like the plague because she wants the entire thing in taupe. Bleh! Leave it to my sister to want a whole freakin' cardigan in taupe.

*Midsummer Night's Dream ensemble. Includes Cybele vest found in French Girl Knits and a tube top of my own design. I have the materials for both, but I am not starting until I have finished my Carnation Tee and at least the back of the Soft Serve sweater.

*Finally, some Queen of Hearts mitts. These are awesome fingerless gloves that require some fun colorwork in red and black. The pattern is Alice's Queen of Hearts Gloves and can be found on purlescence.com

Busy summer no? 

No comments: