Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter Photo Shoot: A Kp Special



Due to the fact that I am slightly bored and realized that some of my knitting pictures are woefully out of date (not to mention bland), I decided it was high time for a photo shoot. Every single one of the photos below had no other party involved in their making save myself, my camera, and a really cantankerous old tripod. I would also like to point out that all the outdoor photos were shot in 14 degree temperatures. These first pictures (above, all comments will correspond to the set above them) are in honor of my dear and lovely co blogger, because they feature her really lovely Snowflake Hat Pattern in diVe Zenith yarn. Let us walk through some winter fiber goodness shall we...



Okay, so this is a display of the Twee Gloves designed by the wonderful Anushka Tay, and the yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Many of these shots have a faery theme attached to the look considering my love of anything fae and that fact that a great deal of my knitting tends to ere on the side of the fantastical.


Ohhhh I am such a geek, but yet, this is actually on of my favorite looks in this collection. The knit being featured in this spread is the Saphira Gauntlets in the pattern Dragon Scale Gauntlets that can be found on chartreuseknits.blogspot.com, and the yarn is Zen by the paintedsheep in the colorway Tranquility. (Yes I know that was a run-on shut up!) What is so special about this look is that I made more than one thing that is featured (and no it is not the bokin I am holding.) Yes, I made that cloak and I am still uber proud of it.
Ahhhh, Cleaves. Yes, this is the pattern Cleaves, found on www.knitty.com and this particular version is done in Lion Brand Homespun and Lion Brand Jiffy. Mercy, I look gorgeous!

This is a tribute to my checked scarf made of Caron Simply Soft Brites. The scarf holds a special place in my heart not because it is my favorite, but because it is one of the first large things I made when my love for knitting was reawakened. It is a 9 foot monstrousity that was made the summer when I worked my first assistant scenic design job, and the long hours of tech were whiled away, knitting on this scarf.



And so we come, at last, to the end of this gallery of knitwear. This is my favorite hat EVER!!! The pattern is the Chicken Tam by Cass Long and it can be found on www.shutuppatterns.blogspot.com.  Anyway, the yarn is Handpainted Alpaca by the paintedsheep and the colorway is Larkspur. This is my go-to hat. I wear it so often and it is so perfect for me I can barely contain my glee every time I put it on my head. 

So ends the gallery. I am thinking on a part II that would be less of me and more of arranging the knitting in different settings with the props, but we shall see. I hope you enjoyed the view!

3 comments:

Knit Happens said...

AH! I love your hat. Also the photos...they are incredible...though I'm sure it was utterly miserable to upload--but soooo worth it, love!

Knit Happens said...

Thank you so much dear heart! It was a little miserable, but only because arranging them is such a chore on this site! Still, you are right, it was indeed worth it.

PixieStick said...

Why are you so GORGEOUS?!
I love the pictures =)