Monday, January 26, 2009

Chapter 1: Obamania, and a New Semester

New chapters in my life are emerging everywhere!

Obama was inaugurated President of the United States (despite what Fox News stipulates) on January 20th, 2009. This is historical, people, and a new chapter in the life of our nation. I even made a little pop-out White House and Obama Family, provided by the Hartford Courant. Sadly, my mother threw them away before I could take photos, because Michelle Obama's head kept falling off. Anyway, this is all so new...I just can't imagine how to get by knowing that my country no longer condones torture...

Okay, so to avoid getting too political, while I was watching the inauguration, I was knitting. In fact, I was knitting my first sweater. This is Chapter 2 of my Chapter Ones. If that makes sense...anyway, it's not so bad. More on this project will come later, but I'm realizing that such a large garment will not equal the end of the world for me or anyone else, and that I am capable of something more difficult than a sock. The February Lady Sweater has given me confidence--I can look at a new pattern, no matter what it is, and imagine myself completing it without some form of death or destruction. 

Wednesday also marks the beginning of my second semester at Hampshire College. This means that I am no longer a completely inexperienced freshman (merely an inexperienced one). I moved back into my dorm today, and found this note on my desk.


I'm sure I wrote it after completing my final Final Paper (I passed all my classes, yay!). I probably intended it for a blog post, but was too brain fried to string together a coherent sentence, let alone tell you people about it. So I will leave this little sticky note as a reminder to me and all that, no matter how stressful life gets, and how busy, we must always take a little time every day to preserve our sanity. Chapter 3. I promise if you do. 

No comments: