Friday, January 9, 2009

I Love Them Not.....I Love Them

When last I posted I was proclaiming my extreme dislike for the sock I was knitting. Well, upon finishing the creature today I put it upon my foot with great trepidation. At first, I noticed no difference from all the times I had forced it on my foot while it was in progress. But, as I began to move around and walk, the most extraordinary thing occurred. The sock seemed to settle in such a way that although the many holes and gaps were not invisible, they did not scream to be recognized. Indeed, a strange and wonderful appearance overtook the entire piece and now I am only awed and slightly giddy. I have not lost my sock knitting mojo!!! The other sock will not be a chore or a trial! Sometimes, we just have to finish something and live with it for a while, before it returns the rewards of our hard labor. It is amazing that even after so many pairs of socks, they still inspire me with their magic. Yay socks!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey those look pretty cool! WTG!

Knit Happens said...

Thank you so much! I am rather fond of it myself.