Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Brief Respite From the Cardigan: Psycho Socks!




Yes it is true, the socks are finished! I have never taken so long to finish a pair of socks. Seriously, even my pomatomai did not take me so long. However, these socks are completely worth the trouble. They scream my name with a larger than life bull horn. What is funny about this pattern is that my lovely co-blogger is doing the same design. We did not plan this. Indeed, I was absolutely tickled to discover that we picked the same pattern with no previous consultation or hints. Even more awesome is how different the two pairs are from each other. My co-blogger chose to do them in a stunning solid (was it red? I really can't remember except for the fact that I oggled) while I picked a very loud hand-dyed. My socks are perfectly me. What you see first is the crazy colors spreading themselves in a dizzying array of neon green, purple, and electric blue. Then you notice that there is a pattern. Finally, if you take the time to really look, you can see that the pattern is extremely intricate and lovely on its own. I am layered. First you see the boldness, then you notice the texture, and if you stick around long enough then you might discover the depth. Your dice Heather, make sure you post about your socks! (PS Pattern is Vilai by Cookie A. and it can be found in her book Sock Innovation)

No comments: