Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Cardigan Refused to Be Finished Part 2

I have decided to break up this saga in parts so as not to create a humongously long post that no one wants to read. (Note: If you want to start at the beginning please see the previous post). Anyway, upon telling my sister of my plan, she was absolutely giddy. She insisted on a cardigan (no surprise) and she was unsure of color. As the months wore on I picked out some patterns I thought she would like and rifled through knitpicks in the hopes of finding some color possibilities. Due to extreme business on her part, we did not get to consult until only a month before her actual graduation. We agreed that as long as the cardigan was finished by the end of the summer she would not be upset. She picked out a pattern, and the winner was the Basic Black Cardigan by Glenna C. (available as a free ravelry download). For a long while, she could not decide on a color. And then came the fateful day, the day that decided the whole tone for this entire project. 
(Paraphrased conversation between my sister and myself)
Meg: Hey there
Me: Hey Megs how're you?
Meg: FIne, but I can't talk long. I just wanted to let you know that I decided on a color for my cardigan.
Me: Excellent! What do you want?
Meg: Can you make it in taupe?
Me: ......taupe?
Meg: Yeah
Me: What on earth is taupe?
Meg: It's a- look it up online, google it. I'm sorry but I've got to go
Me: Okay I love you
Meg: Love you too

I did look it up, and the minute I saw it I knew I was doomed. 

No comments: