Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Lost Generation

I'm back! ...For now. I can't be blamed, I'm fulfilling my pre-practicum as an intern at the performing arts school down the street, taking a Shakespeare Seminar that I'm far too young to take, and I'm TAing a freshman tutorial. Lots of reading, but so rewarding--especially because of my duties as a TA.

So my professor Michele (now my committee chair and mentor and wonderful) sent me an email that listed my TA duties. I skimmed it quickly, saw that it was the usual stuff (hold office hours for students, hold writing workshops, planning lessons, etc.), and went on to the next email. In our meeting before classes started, we were bantering on the topic of these duties. "Hey, at least I'm not knitting in class!" I retorted. "Well, then you obviously didn't read the email very carefully," she said. Hmm? She opened the email on her laptop, and scrolled down to the bottom. It said "Knit me a scarf for winter." She was ASKING ME TO KNIT IN CLASS...even while I was teaching!

I've been drooling over photos of Noro Striped Scarves (a la the pattern that Jared Flood claims was not his idea), and while I've never really been much for Noro (don't shoot!) I saw the opportunity and dove in head first.

Now, I'm just going to show you photos, because I've spoken long enough, and the pictures speak for themselves.
I took these around campus, and actually waited two weeks for the right light to do so.



On the fire escape outside my house.

On the Graffiti Wall and adjoining stairs in the Arts Village.
On the trellis at the entrance of the Community Garden out my window.
God I love this. I haven't put it on, because I'm afraid Michele will never get it off me.


2 comments:

Knit Happens said...

That is absolutely breathtaking! It is beautiful work doll, but I too don't know how you are going to part with it.

Knit Happens said...

I parted with it. Michele was so happy, I could part with it in good conscience.