Monday, May 17, 2010

Bumble Bee Tuna Blankie



"I love Bumble Bee, Bumble Bee Tuna
Yum, yum, Bumble Bee, Bumble Bee Tuna."
(proceed up a half step and keep singing)

So goes the vocal warm up that inspired the name for this project. This blankie is going to the new son of a co-worker of mine. You see, I saw this blanket on Ravelry and thought it was so awesome looking that I racked my brains to think of a baby worthy enough to wrap in its spectacular self. Then it hit me. Greg is a man who is genuinely cool and his wife is just as lovely. Greg was very kind to me last summer, and since it was my first time working at that job it was nice to be treated so well. Plus, he is a very good friend of my sister so why not make it a combined gift (i.e. "hey Meg, why don't you buy the yarn and I will make it ;). Anyway, the title has multiple meanings. I was gazing at the work in progress in the mirror at one point, and I thought, "huh, kind of looks like a bumble bee." Immediately the above tune popped into my head. I smiled. That warm up is one Greg used for his vocal intensive that he taught at the camp, and it always made me smile when I heard it. So, the blanket was dubbed thus. Hopefully, both parental units enjoy it, because I truly love the finished product.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

very cool blankie, nice work!!