Sunday, November 8, 2009

Vermonters

Until very recently, I have been adverse to knitting fair isle, mostly because knitting with more than one ball of yarn at a time is extremely difficult when you're confined to a tiny desk in a lecture hall. This year, however, I have learned to deal with it. I went to WEBS after Halloween and bought 6 balls of Northampton wool in various colorways. The woman at the cash register asked me what I was knitting. "Hats. For Christmas. Everyone's getting hats this year."
Now, you may recall how frustrated I became last year after having knit about 30 hats in the span of a semester. Clearly, I've gotten over it, because I spent the next week knitting hats. Many colored, snowflake-y hats. I knit 6. In 5 days. My modmates reveled in them, and began pick the color combinations for me. Every day, it was "Wow, Heather, ANOTHER one!" They got really invested, and I just kept knitting.
So, when it became time to photograph the first six of these hats (I have enough yarn to make about 15), I knew I'd have to make it a group effort. My modmates and honorary modmates all gathered on the couch, and had a lovely FO shoot.
Sarah (the one with the plant--I don't really understand why that is) directed, and made sure each hat looked nice on each person. She then demanded poses, like from Haley above, "Look cold! But cute!" We all decided that the photos looked like they were from some ski trip to Vermont that we never took. I couldn't have done it without them...
...And now I have too many hats. Again.


1 comment:

Knit Happens said...

Dear co-blogger,
Stop being so freakin talented because in makes me feel completely inferior. In all seriousness though these hats are absolutely gorgeous and I could tell you made them from a mile (or many in this case :) away.
Kristen